Monday, April 19, 2010

Display Your Jules

An eclectic collection of display ideas for your jewelry for personal and professional use in my 
"Is this display for sale?" This is the question I get at every show and the answer is always no. No is not a word I like to use! So,  I try to give my customers a list of ideas about how to look in unconventional places for items to use to organize their earrings and such. I love places like TJ Maxx for instance. Their home department is loaded with goodies that can be flipped over or painted to make a great display piece.  Pier 1, Target, Big Lots...the list goes on.

My favorite pieces are a series of wire towers in three heights that I found in the home department of Value City about ten years ago. They all had pineapples on top...oh boy! I got my saw out and voila...no more fruit!  Hit the spray paint aisle in Lowe's and suddenly they are fitting right in with my color scheme. These babies have been painted three times to match my ever changing booth and mall kiosk. Currently, they are a metallic bronze.

The possibilities are endless. If you can't find what you are looking for, you can always make your own.  A wood frame from a yard sale will do. Remove the glass and staple some screening from the local hardware store. Hang it on your wall and all your french wire earrings will slip through the holes. This way you won't have to rummage through the pile on your dresser to look for matching pairs...haha like I do!

Got an idea to share? Leave a comment!


6 comments:

  1. i'm wondering what shop the twisted tree is from--when i click on the link, it doesn't show up in your treasury...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked back through my favorites and the item isn't there anymore either. I also found the convos that I sent to the shops. The one I think it was is empty. It was a vintage item, so probably one of a kind. Sorry I can't help you more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Jules! I love to use unconventional items to display my jewelry. One Item I use a lot is a metal mesh shopping bag. (It looks like one of those paper gift bags only it is made of metal mesh.) I use the mesh sides to display earrings, the handles to drape necklaces on and the inside is filled with organza bags of bead sets and pendants. I am so busy with my site these days, that I don't do many shows anymore. But the metal 'Shopping Bag' is always filled with jewelry and sitting on the shelf. Not only does it look cute, but it is easy to grab and take to a friends when she wants to buy more jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings! Very helpful advice within this article! It's the little changes that make the largest changes. Thanks a lot for sharing!

    my page - holter monitor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty! This has been a really wonderful post.
    Thanks for supplying this info.

    Feel free to surf to my site hand pruners

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone loves what you guys are usually up too.
    This kind of clever work and exposure! Keep up the fantastic works guys I've added you guys to our blogroll.

    Also visit my web page tales and toys

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails