Saturday, February 13, 2010

Organized? I try...

If you bead, then you know. Organizing is a constant battle. I have tried all kinds of ways to keep the beads I need most often easily accessible so the work flows and the digging is at a minimum.  These wood nesting trays from Nile Corp have served well for my clay beads for quite a few years now. I use inserts to keep my current colors separated. This way I can see what I have and what I need to make color, size, shape, etc.
The BEST part about these trays is they are great for show and tell.  All the color gets the customer's attention. So often, the public doesn't understand what I mean when I say " I make my own beads out of clay" as if I were speaking another language. Once they see the beads in the trays they are instantly interested and tend to ask more questions.
Beads never ever ever go to waste. These are trays of "old" batches so the colors are jumbled together. Funny how, when they sit next to new neighbors, they come back to life with inspiration!
 
These trays are also great for storing under stock. I use the inserts for pendants and such. Some of them I have lined with cork so that I can pin finished jewelry to transport to shows. All I do is stack them in the zippered jewelry case and off to the show!



2 comments:

  1. These boxes are beautiful. Beads are so hard to organize and every few months I find myself shifting them around. Sometimes I like to sort by color, other times by type of stone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean. These boxes are inexpensive and definitely worth trying.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails